Status 5 January 2023, all prices in rupiah (1 Euro was appr. 16000 rupiah)
We spent five nights on one of three Gili islands: Gili Air. It was the longest stay of our whole trip because I wanted to get my open water diver license (which I successfully did in the best diving school 3W dive https://3wdivegili.com/)
Gili Air is famous for being a perfect mix of calm family atmosphere and modern vibe. We were totally charmed by this place. It has a proper combination of good tourist infrastructure and local culture. And I’m serious about coming back there one day for a longer stay.
How much does it cost to stay on Gili Air?
Here is our approximation:
- 490000 a double room with a delicious breakfast included (Zipp Bar), with a swimming pool directly at the beach.
- Of course you can pay much more for a posh hotel or less for a simpler homestay.
- 50000 to rent a bicycle for 24 hours
- 120000 to take a horse taxi
- 25000 for 1 kg laundry
- 35000 a main in the mainstreet
- 85000 a main at the beach
- 20000 – 40000 fresh juice
- 55000 a beer, 70000 for a glass of local wine. During happy hour 2 for 1.
- 25000 – 35000 an ice-cream
- 60000 – a 30 min massage session
- 560000 – a fun dive
Emerald green water…
Chilling with a view…